I know, I know..................... long time no post! In fact I have a backlog of topics and so I'm going to post the most time sensitive one now. You would never believe it, but it is supposed to be summer! Maybe in England, for they have been basking in the low 30's. Actually, I don't even like it that hot, but my garden could do with a wee bit more warmth and sunshine. Not that we've had much rain - it's just been cloudy and only in the mid-teens temperature wise.
That's all set to change this coming week - my next post might be complaining about the heat! Anyway, I thought that I should post some photos of the veggie garden that I took last weekend. The top one shows our three raised beds which are growing (deep breath!) sweet corn, zucchini, strawberries, melons, cucumber, tomatoes, bok choi, mesclun salad, spring onions, carrots, radishes, aubergine, okra, bush beans, and MORE sweet corn which is supposed to be knee high by the 4th July!
The second photo is of our bean teepee - a variety of climbing peas and beans will grow up the trellis and a variety of bush beans - including soy beans - will grow underneath. These seem to be enjoying the cooler weather.
The third photo shows our fruit beds in front of the teepee - here we are growing strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, and two apple trees. We've already eaten MANY sweet strawberries and there will be a good crop of blueberries once the sun ripens them!
The last photo shows the broad beans which we are growing up behind the greenhouse. These will in fact not grow once the weather gets too warm and so they are loving it! In the greenhouse we have nine differnt pepper plants which are growing just great in the heat.
It is interesting to see which plants do well in which kind of weather. I keep having to tell myself that we're only really just over one month into the growing season here and so there's still plenty of time ...................... hopefully!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.