I was spoilt for choice for titles for this post.............. The One That Didn't Get Away............ Messing about on the Lake............. Summer is a Comin' In....... but I decided to go with this cheeky one! We have had the most wonderful day - the first really hot weekend of this summer.
This morning I went to the local farmer's market where I bought some natural alpaca yarn and some Lopi wool to use for the dyeing weekend that I am going to in July. Now I just have to wash it and apply the mordants - more about that later. While I was there, Sadik went for a ride on his beloved bike and we then met at the beach briefly before coming home.
After a quick turnaround, we headed of to Spider Lake and then spent the afternoon messing around on the water. Last weekend we took the kayaks out to the lake and Sadik fished from his kayak - it wasn't ideal - and so we bought an inflatable boat, (complete with rod holders!) and tried it out today. It was just wonderful - I could lounge around reading while he fished to his heart's content! It was also his most successful day yet - the biggest fish is 20 inches long! The other two are the size that we usually catch from the shore of the lake.
This morning I went to the local farmer's market where I bought some natural alpaca yarn and some Lopi wool to use for the dyeing weekend that I am going to in July. Now I just have to wash it and apply the mordants - more about that later. While I was there, Sadik went for a ride on his beloved bike and we then met at the beach briefly before coming home.
After a quick turnaround, we headed of to Spider Lake and then spent the afternoon messing around on the water. Last weekend we took the kayaks out to the lake and Sadik fished from his kayak - it wasn't ideal - and so we bought an inflatable boat, (complete with rod holders!) and tried it out today. It was just wonderful - I could lounge around reading while he fished to his heart's content! It was also his most successful day yet - the biggest fish is 20 inches long! The other two are the size that we usually catch from the shore of the lake.
Long may this summer last!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.