I knew that this week I would be complaining that it is toooooooooooooooo hot! In a couple of days the temperature has soared from the mid-teens to the low 30s! Tonight I packed a picnic and then .......................... we ate it in the garden, as neither of us had the energy to drive anywhere!
Anyway, I thought that I would share this short 30 second video of the chickens taking a dustbath. We came home the other evening and one of the chickens lay down and started wriggling around in the earth. The others seem to think that this was a great idea and pretty soon they were all snuggled up together having a bath in the dust!
They are not enjoying this heatwave either - walking around with their little beaks open. It's a good job that they're not laying eggs yet, as they would be popping out already poached!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.