Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Disappointment to Elation!





This post is really just a record for me................... but you're welcome to look! I just wanted to see the dyeing that I did last year with indigo (which I was a wee bit disappointed with) and compare it with the shades that I now have, after over-dyeing some of the indigo with logwood.

The top two photos are from last year and I didn't get the variety of blues that I wanted - I was particularly missing light and very dark shades.

So I over-dyed some of the indigo with more indigo and got a very dark blue and also with logwood to get more of a purple. You can see this in the next two photos and I am now VERY happy with all of the hues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.