Friday, December 19, 2008

Off Piste Snow Shoeing!





So today I had ANOTHER first time experience! We got to try out our show shoes and I am thrilled that I have finally found a winter sport that I can share with Sadik! It was grrrrrrreat fun and surprisingly easy - you can even run downhill in them. We started off walking along a trail that had been flattened by ATVs (all terrain vehicles) and then we went off piste through the forest. The snow was up over our knees - next time we need to wear our waterproof pants (trousers!) - we live & learn!

You must all be fed up with endless photos of snow! I fear that there will be many more to come over the next few days, as we're expecting at least another foot of snow on Sunday! Sadik's car is still abandoned in the village - we hope to get down to it tomorrow and then we plan to go to our garage pronto to have the snow tyres fitted that we ordered last weekend - better late than never!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I see!
    Ah HA! They are a new slimmer snow-shoe. Not the wide, beaver-tail shaped ones I wore in my youth made like old gut tennis rackets that gave you hip injuries from swinging the legs around each other so your feet didn't clack into themselves.
    Very mod. con.
    hahahhahaha!!!
    What an adventure you're having.
    Pioneers all the way!
    Best,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeee!!! Looks like fun. And you both look so snuggly all bundled up like that!

    Keep the snow photos happening. I love it. Though I fear my own blog readers may tire of my own snowy pictures soon!

    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pioneer!
    Well, we here at the farm have no water, and no toilet facilities - aren't you glad I can't make it up for a flute lesson? I'd be asking if I could have a bath.
    Sorry you're missing your gigs, but it looks like you're having fun in the snow. Cheers, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our shower and toilet has frozen too - but at least we have another one. Sorry you are suffering! Hope you're safe & well otherwise.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.