Sunday, August 29, 2010

A lesson in ...........................


PATIENCE! Usually I would have said that I have more than my fair share of this virtue, but this afternoon I could have done with a bucketload more! Talk about exciting and frustrating in equal measure! On Friday evening I had my first spinning lesson on this beautiful wheel. It's been a busy weekend and so I couldn't sit down at it again until this afternoon. It started off just great - I felt as pleased as punch and then ............................. it gradually went downhill. If only I had remembered what I tell my flute students when it gets frustrating - 'put it down, walk away and then come back later'. But NO! I had to keep trying, getting more and more annoyed with myself! Eventually I did heed my own words and then came back to it later this evening. It wasn't great, but it was better. I know that it's early days and that it will slowly get easier......... with patience and don't get me wrong - it was still great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.