Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another WWW (wonderful week weaving!)


Oh for another life ................................. after another wonderful week weaving I am on a high - bursting to the brim with new knowledge and ideas! Elaine is a wonderful teacher - patient, knowledgeable and inspirational - and the other ladies on the course made it an even more enjoyable week. You may be looking at the above weaving and wondering what on earth am I doing?! OK, I don't really LIKE what I've done, but I was just trying out new techniques and the contrasting colours make it easy for me to see (and remember) what I was doing. I can't wait to get going on my next project - I'm now going to spend some time working on a design...................... watch this space!

I also spent some time last week looking at some lovely books about the history of tapestry - I'm kinda kicking myself. I have been lucky enough to see many of the world's most wonderful tapestries in various stately homes in England and haven't REALLY appreciated what I was seeing. Oh, I enjoyed looking at them, but now I would see them with a completely different eye!

Oh for another life.................................

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the WOW Anonymous! So..... what does the O stand for in wonderful O....... weaving?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.