Monday, June 15, 2009

An Eventful Weekend Part I







Don't you just LOVE it when your weekend is full to the brim?! This past weekend couldn't have got any more full - luckily I don't have much to do on this Monday. Apart from what I'm going to blog about in these two posts, we also had good friends over for supper and I went to a very enjoyable string chamber orchestra concert with a new friend. We also continued the greenhouse saga - more about that another day!

The photos above are of a Ladies Dragon Boat Festival in Port Alberni on Sunday morning. Once again, going to PA is like going to another planet. We left Qualicum in beautiful sunshine and as we drove through the old growth forest at Cathedral Grove and 'over the hump' the clouds descended, mist fell on the windscreen and we both wished we had more on than shorts and tee-shirts! Luckily it was dry and warmish when we arrived at Sproat Lake and the Festival was in full swing with the ladies warming up to very loud music. It was a great atmosphere, although I felt like an outsider, as we didn't have any connection to the participants.

The first photo is of the last remaining MARS water bomber. These fly very low and scoop water up from the lake so that it can be dropped on forest fires. The last two photos are of the Angels Abreast Dragon Boat Team - ladies who have all survived their battle with breast cancer - very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.