Thursday, May 28, 2009

Eagles, Oysters & Alfalfa!




Long time....... no blog! Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I thought that I would make up for it with these wonderful photographs which Sadik took last Sunday afternoon. We went to an area of beach in Parksville where there is an abundance of Eagles. Sadik walked amongst them taking photos, while I perched on a log and observed them through my binoculars (the lazy option!). They are such beautiful birds and we do take them for granted here. Enjoy!

I had another 'first' this week - I cooked (and ate) oysters! I bought them locally at Fanny Bay - definitely part of the 100 mile diet - and they have been sitting in the fridge scaring me for a week! I just didn't know quite what to do with them. In the end I sauteed them with some onion and orange pepper and added fresh cream as a sauce (yes, yes - cream again!) and some bok choi from Kathy's farm at the end of the road. They were de-li-ci-ous!

I've also become an avid sprouter in the last few weeks. I got myself a sprouting tray/contraption and started with alfalfa and adzuki beans. Then I did some chick peas (VERY tasty). I've currently got lentils and mustard seed in one sprouter and yesterday I bought another tray, so tonight I'm soaking black eye beans and almonds! It's addictive, but at least they're really good for you! Tonight we had pizza with a salad of greens from the garden and sprouted chick peas - YUM!

This now segues nicely into my next post ............................... you'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful! And yummmm sprouts!!! :-D

    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of sounding like I've gone a bit speechless:

    Yummy yummy YUMMY!!!

    Sprout-lover, J. :>)

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.