
I've been meaning to post this photograph for a few days as it is just SO cute! It was taken by a friend whose husband works way up in Northern BC - can you believe this was taken in early June?!
Yesterday I was reminded about it by my first close bear encounter! We were sitting in the garden having a late lunch and we heard a loud wood-cracking sound from our neighbours property. When it happened the second time I looked over and saw a looming dark figure about 30 feet away in the trees. I always wondered how I would feel and now I know that my 'flight' response REALLY kicks in - I don't think that I've ever felt it before.
Today I'm staying indoors and blogging! :D
PS - click on the photo to enlarge and see the amazing detail in the mother's coat!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.