Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two months and counting!

So............. I was looking back over my blog and I realised that it is now just over two months since the first flakes of snow settled on the ground up here! I drive into the village and, when the sun is shining, it feels as if Spring just might be in the air and then.......... I come home to the bone-crunching chill of Winter! People keep telling me how unusual this is and the kids that come to the house LOVE it! For me, the novelty has definitely worn off and I can't believe that once upon a time I would have paid a small fortune to go somewhere just like this! This photo is for all the sceptics who don't believe how much snow we still have up this mountain! Feel free to bring your trucks and TAKE SOME AWAY!

The only thing that cheers me up is knowing that next winter, when the first flakes of snow start to fall from the sky, I will have forgotten these Bah Humbug feelings and be as excited as a child again at the thought of a White Christmas!

1 comment:

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.