Sunday, February 15, 2009

Long Live Live Music!

I have very eclectic music tastes - in fact I'll give any type of music the time of day as far as listening goes. Playing music is another matter all together - I'll only ever spend my time playing music that I want to play.

This weekend I've been to two local acoustic music concerts and I LOVED them both! The musicians were all awesome (to use a north american phrase that I seem to be using more and more often!) and I now want to share them with you.

The first concert was by a group called Joy Kills Sorrow - check out their website at www.joykillssorrow.com They reminded me of Alison Krauss and Union Station (of whom I'm a fan!) and as well as being fantastic young musicians (especially the mandolin player), they wrote much of their own material.

Then......................last night we went to a local village hall with friends to see Wil perform. OMG! He blew my tiny mind away! His skill on the guitar was a-maz-ing and he also writes all his own material. Go to his website www.ibreakstrings.com to have a listen - if you're in this neck of the woods and get a chance to hear him play - GO! - his website does not do him justice, you've got to see him live!

LONG LIVE LIVE MUSIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.