
Guess who? Yep! I know I was cute! Happy Birthday to me! 29 again (as my good friend whose coming to dinner in a minute keeps telling me!). I certainly don't feel my age, but maybe not as young as 29! I've had a lovely day so far. The fog that has had us 'socked in' (a canadian expression - hope I've got it right!) for this past week, lifted this morning and it's been a beautiful sunny day on the mountain. We had to go down into the fog to get my birthday cake, but then it was even more wonderful to come back home! My parents sent me some lovely yarn and a pattern for a sleeveless, one button jacket. I'm thrilled, but scared at the same time - my first non-scarf project! I've been wanting to try something more adventurous than a scarf though, but have not had the courage to buy anything. As this is a gift, I'm SURE I'll be just fine - crossing everything! AND THEN................. Sadik's sending me on a four-day weaving course in March (anyone want to come with me?!). I've always wanted to learn how to weave and this lady is amazingly gifted - I can't wait!
Anyway, I'm glad I was able to find a few minutes to do a Birthday Blog! Now I'd better go and check on my Thai curry - it smells delicious! Another thing I can't wait for!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
ReplyDeleteMany many birthday hugs. :-)
Thanks for my Birthday hugs Sheila! A lovely virtual gift! I also meant to tell you that I'm a home birth baby - not that I remember much about it! :D
ReplyDeleteHappy blee-lated birphthday.
ReplyDelete(that's how they say it in Wales, don't they? hahahhaa!)
I'm so looking forward to your new knitting project and how it goes. I too have always wanted to successfully knit something that I can actually wear! No luck so far.
Sounds like you're having a happy time.
Sorry I can't ever remember any birthdays, but I'm happy for you being 29. You can carry me if I fall down..hahhahaha!! Best, and hugs, Jen