Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yarn Photoshoot!

The weather has recently been sunny enough for me to do an on location (in my back yard!) photoshoot of my knitting and spinning. I have, at long last, finished a knitting project that I started almost two years ago. It is a scarf knitted with Handmaiden yarn which is a wool, silk, seacell blend. It is beautifully soft and silky to touch, whilst being very warm. Luckily it still feels like winter here, so I can still wear it!

The third and fourth photos show my first spinning attempts. The cream yarn is from PEI (Prince Edward Island). I bought some natural pencil roving whilst we were there last summer to practice my spinning technique. It really helped and now I have oodles of two-ply wool that I will use to do some natural dyeing.

I also bought the coloured yarn on PEI as dyed wool roving and I am really pleased with this first attempt at 'proper' spinning. The tension could be better - I now need to wash it and apparently most of the kinks will ease a little if I weight it while it dries .................. watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.