Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Natural Dye Day






I interupt the camping adventure blogs to bring you my latest news! Above are some photos from a natural dye day that I attended today. I dyed 16 skeins of wool with indigo to get a variety of shades of blue. It was VERY enjoyable ......................... now what shall I make with all this wool?! Next year I'd like to do the yellow and the red days so that I can make all the other colours that you can see in the 3rd & 4th photos.

The weather has returned to glorious summer sunshine and it's getting hot again - it will be in the low 30s over the next few days. I must admit I was almost looking forward to the Fall.

I also warped my copper pipe loom over the weekend and so I'm ready to start my first 'solo' weaving project.

And .............................. I've been canning my very first jars of jam! Busy, busy. busy - must be time for bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.