Last week Sadik & I headed off on our very first camping holiday. Neither of us were sure what to expect. Me being me, I was terribly organised - hoping that I had thought of everything. The campsite we were going to with friends had pit toilets only and no showers (I HAVE to wash my hair every morning!). Would we be comfy on the air matresses for a week? Pleeeeease don't let it rain and don't let the bears eat our food!
It nearly didn't happen, as a forest fire had started the week before a few kilometers north of our campsite. The local town was on an evacuation order and we were warned that we might have to turn back and the adventure would end before it had even started! You can see the smoke heavy in the air in the first few pictures. I was nervous, but we were with experienced friends and so trusted that all would be well - and it was!
The last two photos are of home sweet home for the week - simple but perfect - I LOVED it all and will blog more about the adventure later - watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.