Friday, November 28, 2008

The Creative Pioneer Part I

Those that already know me, know that I'm a creative person musically. I'd love to be able to write (a novel, not just a blog! Or even some poetry would do!). I'm too much of a perfectionist and not enough of a free spirit to paint! I've started an embroidery and a tapestry in my distant past, neither of which are finished (yet!). So I'm VERY proud to say that I've just completed my first knitting project and I am now officially addicted! I can still hear my sister say "KNITTING!!!!" as if she thought that I was turning grey and starting to wear a bed jacket! However, even she liked the wool that I bought and here it is - the finished article! The weather here has finally turned cold enough for me to wear it and it is toasty!
In the spirit of the Oscars, thanks must go to my Mum for having the patience and the skill to take me on my first tentative knitting steps! I'm not sure that I've developed a recognised technique (Dad will be pleased that there's no clickety click of the needles!) and I'm sure that I'm the slowest knitter on the West Coast, but I think the result of my labours is pretty cool! I've made a promise to myself to never unpick anything that I start - I LOVE the story that my mistakes tell and some of the mistakes ended up being happy accidents! (see Part II). Part of the history of this scarf has also got to be the place where I started kntting it - but that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.