Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Chicks!



There must be something about having chicks that makes me want to post a blog! This past Wednesday we collected seven 6 week old chicks from a local hobby farm. They are mixed breeds and we don't yet know how many are hens or roosters. They do however all have names (girl names!)........ Anni, Vera & Sari, Zinga, Baba, Doodle & Dingy. The first three are named because last weekend was the 5th anniversary of us emigrating to Canada and this weekend is our wedding anniversary. Vera is already causing trouble though (maybe she's a boy!) - we'll see how she behaves tomorrow before making a decision whether to keep her/him!

This morning we went to a local poultry swap and came home with Rose, Mary, Sage & Thyme. I'm not sure which is which yet........ time will tell. We do know that these four are girls. Two are a Buff Orpington x New Hampshire and the other two are Red Rocks (Rhode Island Red x Plymouth Barred Rock). It's very enjoyable watching all the different breeds together and we should eventually get some interesting eggs.

I already have a few dozen photos, so no doubt I will be posting more regularly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.