Spring has finally sprung on the mountain! The veggie garden is starting to come to life with vivid red rhubarb stalks - how wonderful to see SUCH a vibrant colour at this time of year! It's only the second year and so I will have to resist the temptation to pick too much!
The second photo is of buds on the oriental pear tree. We got this two years ago and so far we have only had leaves - I can't wait to taste the pears!
The last picture is of our zucchini seedlings - about one month old. We also have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, cabbage, sprouts, kale and okra. After a loooooong wait, we think that the watermelon seeds are just starting to sprout!
The air temperature is quite a bit cooler up here - we're at around 500 feet. On a good day it's around 12 degrees, but still drops a lot over night. In the greenhouse though, it reaches between 30 and 40 degrees for part of the day. Maybe I'll turn it into a sauna!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.