This is a post for all you meat lovers out there and those interested in buying food locally. The above is half of a lamb that we bought this morning from a local small farmer living two miles from our house! It consists of two legs (obviously!), a shoulder, two shanks, 14 chops and 28 sausages (chorizo and rosemary & garlic). Not many of our friends like lamb and so Sadik & I might have to enjoy it all ourselves!
It is just wonderful to not have to buy Australian, New Zealand or Welsh lamb (although this is from a Welsh breed). We're going to have some lamb chops for supper tonight .............. I'll let you know what they taste like.
And.............................. the mother of this lamb (I try not to think about that too much) had a very interesting coat and so I might get some when she's sheared in the spring and try my hand at spinning....................... watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd LOVE you to leave comments about my blog and pleeeeeease share something of yourself too! However, if you want to leave a personal message you can use my usual email address.