Over the last few weeks our latest project has gone from being the bane of my life to one of my loves! I won't bore you with the story of putting up the greenhouse (to those who have had to listen to my rants....... SORRY!). The silver lining to this cloud was that we had time for Sadik to do an awesome job of the foundation paving! Needless to say I now LOVE the end result and it is going to give us many hours of enjoyment as well as, hopefully, plenty of good home-grown food!
The first photo is the before - it was a dead space at the back of the house, next to the patio, that has been bugging us since we moved in. The soil is terrible and so not even the grass would grow there! Now, it has been transformed ............................ do I sound as pleased as punch?!
The tomatoes are now taller than in the picture and the cucumbers and Sadik's precious watermelons are doing fantastically (much bigger than in our open veggie beds). I've now read that you should never put toms and cues in the same greenhouse as they like different climates. So, it's humid in the morning for the cues and ventilated in the afternoon for the toms - do you think that will keep them both happy? We'll just have to wait and see!
Last weekend we also made two more veggie beds behind the greenhouse - these will have a winter crop in them, so that I don't have to walk down to the lower garden and then in the Spring they can be the nursery bed. At last! I think I'm starting to sound as if I know something about gardening!
New greenhouse seriously fabulouso!!
ReplyDeleteHappy melons and cukes! J. :>D